The products we offer have been developed to provide complete insurance protection for all the risk our policyholders encounter, and are provided through our brokers.
As a farmer you are in a unique situation. Your farm is both your home, as well as your livelihood. Germania offers many farm insurance products to meet your specific needs.
Farm property insurance protects your farm operation with coverage for loss or damage to:
- Your home
- Farm machinery and equipment
Types of packages:
- Farm Tenant
- Farm Mobile
- Farm Insurance
- Home Pak A: Named perils for dwelling and property;
- Home Pak B: Named perils for dwelling and comprehensive perils for property;
- Home Pak C: Comprehensive perils for both dwelling and property.
♦FARM OWNERS WORDING BOOKLET
NEW Coverages Available - Ask Your Broker
Service Line Protection
Home System Protection
Water Protection Coverage
Farmowners Pak A or Tenants Pak A
We insure your dwelling, detached private structures, and your personal property against direct loss or damage caused by the following perils, subject to all the exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions of the policy.
- Fire or lightning
- Explosion or implosion
- Falling object
- Impact by aircraft or land vehicle
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Water escape
- Windstorm or hail
- Glass breakage
- Theft including damage caused by attempted theft
- Power fluctuation
Farmowners Pak B
We insure your dwelling, detached private structures and your personal property as follows:
- If there is loss or damage to property insured under Dwelling, Building and/or Private Structures, you are insured for such loss or damage under the terms and conditions of Farmowners Pak A;
- If there is loss or damage to property insured under Personal Property, you are insured for such loss or damage under the terms and conditions of Farmowners Pack C;
Additional Coverage for Farmowners Pak B & C:
Food Spoilage: We insure foodstuff while contained in any food freezer unit located within the principal residence for loss up to $1,000 per occurrence when caused by a power failure or mechanical breakdown of such unit. You may apply a part of this limit to any reasonable expenses incurred, excluding repair or replacement parts, to reduce or avert the loss.
Farmowners Pak C, or Farm tenant Pak B
We insure your dwelling, detached private structures and your personal property against direct physical loss or damage, subject to all the exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions below.
Property not insured:
- Buildings or structures used in whole or in part or designed for farming, commercial or business purposes unless declared on the Coverage Summary Page;
- Any property illegally acquired, imported, stored, transported or kept;
- Business property including samples and goods held for sale, except as provided under “special limits of insurance”;
- Any property lawfully seized unless such property is destroyed to prevent the spread of fire;
- Property because of the voluntary parting with title of ownership, whether or not induced to do so by any fraudulent scheme, trick, device or false pretence;
- Lawns outdoor trees, shrubs or plants except as provided under Additional Coverage;
- Books of account and evidences of debt or title;
- Property undergoing any process or while being worked on, where the damage results from such process or work, but resulting damage to other property is insured;
- Household pets;
- Sporting equipment where the loss or damage is due to its use;
- Property at any fair ground, exhibition or exposition for the purpose of exhibition;
- Contact lenses;
- Retaining walls not constituting part of any insured building;
- Buildings and/or structures used in whole or in part for the cultivation harvesting, processing, manufacture, distribution or sale of marijuana or any other substance falling within the Schedules of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act, whether or not insured is aware of such use of the property;
- Property insured vacant for more than 30 consecutive days.
With our Comprehensive Coverage you get everything in our broad policy and more. It’s the best way to protect against any loss.
Farm outbuildings (the word “building” as used in describing this coverage also means a structure) coverage available:
- Fire and Lightning - perils include fire lightning and explosion;
- Fire & Extended Coverage -perils include fire and lightning, plus smoke, impact by aircraft or land vehicle, riot vandalism or malicious acts and windstorm or hail;
- All risk protection of direct physical loss or damage (available on a scheduled basis only);
- Blanket or scheduled;
- Replacement cost coverage.
Blanket coverage: if the coverage summary page shows an amount of insurance for “outbuildings” with “blanket” cover, we insure farm buildings on your premises, including their permanently attached fixtures and equipment, owned by you and used by you in connection with your farming operations.
Scheduled coverage: if the coverage summary page shows an amount of insurance for “outbuildings” with “scheduled” cover, we insure the buildings described on the coverage summary page and for which an amount of insurance is shown including their permanently attached fixtures.
Farm Machinery and Equipment
The farm policy can be used to insure “mobile farm and field equipment" which includes all equipment attached or otherwise, owned or used by the insured (excluding repair parts), usual to a farm operation while located anywhere in Canada and for which the insured may be held liable.
Certain types of machinery represent a greater than average exposure to loss and require an additional premium including:
- Grain dryers;
- Farm tools;
- Repair parts;
- Irrigation equipment;
- Machinery used in custom farming operations.
Blanket machinery or scheduled machinery is available for farm machinery also.
Fertilizers and Farm Chemicals
We will insure farm fertilizer and farm chemicals you own for which an amount of insurance is specified. We insure this property while it is anywhere within the province of Saskatchewan.
Broad coverage includes direct loss or damage caused by the following perils as defined and limited:
- Fire, lightning and explosion;
- Windstorm, but only while the insured property is stored in a fully enclosed building(s) or storage tank(s);
- Accidental collision of a vehicle on which the insured property is being transported with any other vehicle or object;
- Overturn of a vehicle on which the insured property is being transported;
- Vandalism or malicious acts, excluding theft or attempted theft;
- Theft, or attempted theft, from within a fully enclosed building or while the property is in transit. This peril does not include mysterious disappearance or unexplained shortage.
Fodder and Feeds
Fodder and feeds with “blanket” cover is an amount of insurance for fodder owned by you or for which you are legally liable, while stacked in the open or in open-sided feed or fodder shelters, but not in inside a fully enclosed building, anywhere in the territorial limits of Canada.
Scheduled coverage is an amount of insurance for fodder owned by you, or for which you are legally liable, with a description.
You can also insure it against fire, which you are insured against direct loss or damage caused by fire, lightning or explosion of coal, natural or manufactured gas; or broad coverage insures against direct loss or damage caused by the following perils as described and limited:
- Fire, lightning or explosion;
- Windstorm, but only while the insured property is in a fully enclosed building(s);
- Accidental collision of a conveyance on which the insured property is being transported with any other vehicle or object;
- Upset or overturn of a conveyance on which the insured property is being transported;
- Theft from within a fully enclosed building or while the property is in transit. This peril does not include mysterious disappearance or unexplained shortage.
Grain with blanket coverage is an amount of insurance for whole threshed grain and seed usual or incidental to a farming operation and owned by you or for which you are legally liable. We will insure this property while it is anywhere within the territorial limits of Canada.
Scheduled coverage will insure the grain you own or for which you are legally liable for in the scheduled amount. Insured perils are the same as Fodder and Feeds.
Livestock can be insured by class of animal (e.g. cattle, horses, swine, bison, sheep, etc.) They can also be insured by type (e.g. cows , steers, calves, sows, gilts, weanlings, etc.).
Livestock coverage including:
- Fire, lightning or artificial electricity;
- Windstorm, tornado, cyclone or hail;
- Flood, drowning;
- Impact by aircraft, or objects falling from aircraft;
- Collapse of any buildings, bridges, culverts, any falling structure, tree or part thereof;
- Accidental shooting by a person or persons other than by you or any member of by land;
- Collision, derailment or overturning of a transporting conveyance while in transit by land;
- Collision with vehicles except those owned or operated by you or any member of your household or by any tenant or employee of yours;
- Stranding, sinking, burning, or collision, also including jettison or washing overboard, while in or on ferries in connection with land conveyances;
- Riot, riot attending a strike, civil commotion;
- Attack by wild animals or dogs not owned by you;
- Vandalism or malicious acts;
- Theft or attempt thereat, but excluding escape or mysterious disappearance;
- Accidental physical entrapment meaning involuntary constraint except for loss due to animal having been split; due to animal birth; to any animal which contracted a disease or is sick prior to entrapment; from choking on objects or food, bloat or medicine, bloat or suffocation of an animal in its own fluids; caused by huddling, piling, smothering, freezing, or stampeding; to animals in transit or while being loaded or unloaded; to animals being handled or forcibly restrained for care or treatment; to animals in the process of being bred, either by natural or artificial means.
Miscellaneous Farm Property
We insure portable farm-related property and equipment, usual to a farming operation, owned or used by you and for which you may be legally liable, while such property is within the territorial limits of Canada.
It could include such items as aeration farms, bin sweeps, weigh scales, pumps, generators, pond mills, pressure washers, drill fills, portable water, chemical and fuel tanks not mounted on a stand, cradle or platform and similar items. Also such items as portable corrals, cattle squeezes and chutes, watering bowls and similar items.
We will insure your property or the property of others for which you are liable as described, while anywhere within the territorial limits of Canada.
We do not insure:
- Property pertaining to a business, profession or occupation other than farming, unless permission for such use is stated;
- Repair parts;
- Farm tools being used for custom work outside the Province of Saskatchewan, or while in transit for such purpose, unless
- permission is stated;
- Any property illegally imported, transported, acquired, stored or kept.
We can provide “for loss of use” during suspension of operations resulting from physical loss.
We also offer much valuable additional coverage, including:
- Glass Deductible Rider;
- Fire Department Endorsement;
- Building Bylaw Coverage;
- Belongings in Storage;
- Sewer Backup;
- Identity Theft.
This covers you and your family in case of legal claims. The Farm Liability section also includes:
- Voluntary Medical Payments - provides a policyholder with the opportunity of paying for medical expenses of an injured third party without the need of establishing legal responsibility for injury. These are limited to a specified limit;
- Voluntary Property Damage - pays for the cost of damage to the property of a third party, without the need for establishing legal responsibility for the damage, subject to a specified limit.
♦ Claims Free - 10% ( claims free for 0- 3 consecutive years)available to "first time" insurers
♦ Claims Free - 15% ( claims free for over 3 consecutive years with Germania);
♦ Mature Citizen (age 50) - 10% discount;
♦ Senior Citizen (age 60) - 15% discount;
♦ New Home Discount - 15% discount;
♦ Home Security Discount - 20% discount;
♦ Mortgage Free Discount - 10% discount;
♦ Higher Deductible Discounts:
$750 deductible - 10% discount
$1000 deductible - 15% discount
$2500 deductible - 20% discount
$5000 deductible - 30% discount
$10000 deductible - 40% discount
Loss or damage not insured:
♦ By war, invasion, act of a foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military power;
♦ By any nuclear incident as defined in the Nuclear Liability Act;
♦ By or resulting from contamination or pollution or the release, discharge, dispersal of contaminants or pollutants;
♦ By wear, tear, gradual deterioration, latent defect or mechanical breakdown, rust corrosion, extremes of temperature wet or dry rot, fungi or spores;
♦ By scratching or marring of any property or breakage of any fragile or brittle articles unless caused by a Specified Peril;
♦ By cracking or falling of ceiling or wall plaster, unless caused by a peril not otherwise excluded by this policy;
♦ Accumulative damage, however caused;
♦ By birds, moth vermin (such as skunks and raccoons) rodents (such as squirrels and rats) insects or household pets, except loss damage to building glass;
♦ Because of increased costs of repair or replacement due to operation of any law regulating the zoning, demolition repair or construction of buildings and their related services;
♦ Resulting from any intentional or criminal act or failure to act by you, your employees or anyone the damaged or lost property is entrusted to;
♦ Due to the cost involved to correct faulty material or workmanship;
♦ By settling, expansion, contraction, moving, bulging, buckling or cracking except resulting damage to building glass;
♦ By smoke from agricultural smudging or industrial operations;
♦ By buildup of smoke; smoke damage must be sudden and accidental;
♦ By collapse of outside property such as awnings, fences or trellises unless resulting from structural collapse of foundations, walls, floors or roof of a building. Patios, driveways, walks or retaining walls, outdoor radio and/or television antenna, towers and satellite receivers;
♦ By water unless the loss or damage directly resulted from the sudden or accidental escape of water from within a water main, swimming pool or equipment attached; the sudden and accidental escape of water or steam from within a heating sprinkler, air conditioning or plumbing system, domestic appliance or waterbed which is located inside your dwelling; water which enters through an opening which has been created suddenly and accidentally by a peril not otherwise excluded; the accumulation of ice or snow on the roof as a result of ice damming (applies only to personal property).